Hire me to run your event, create a plan for coordinating with venues in other cities, manage and train your volunteers, or organize exhibition halls for vendors.
I have more than 12 years experience in logistics — organizing events of all sizes, including conferences, conventions, and meetups. Some of my projects have been:
- Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference (PNSQC), helping the nonprofit board organize digital conferences since 2020, and leading their event marketing campaigns since 2013
- National Lawyers Guild, managing the 2018 #Law4thePeople convention in Portland
- PyCascades, consulting on the logistics of the rotating annual Pacific Northwest Python conference that started in 2017
- PyDX, running logistics for the regional Python conference that ran from 2015-2016
- Portland VegFest, coordinating the plant-based lifestyle convention 2015-2016
- Open Source Bridge, leading logistics for the 4-day tech conference from 2009 to 2017
I strive to make events more accessible and inclusive for all. This includes helping write and enforce Codes of Conduct. See my writing on best practices for every community for NTEN, the Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network.
In the course of my agency work, I have also written about:
- Welcoming volunteers to your event team
- How venues set the mood for your event
- Inclusive ways to welcome attendees to your event
- 5 social media tips to boost your event
- 10 things event planners often overlook